Call our office to schedule an appointment with one of our veterinary technicians to get your pet micro chipped today for just $45!
The statistics indicate that missing pets rarely make it home!
• The American Humane Association estimates over 10 million dogs and cats are lost or stolen in the U.S. every year.
• One in three pets will become lost at some point during their life.
A study published in the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, including 53 animal shelters across the U.S.,
confirmed the high rate of return of micro chipped dogs and cats to their families, and the importance of microchip registration. From the study...
• Only about 22 percent of lost dogs that entered the animal shelters were reunited with their families.
However, the return-to-owner rate for micro chipped dogs was over 52 percent (a 238 percent increase).
• Less than 2 percent of lost cats that entered the animal shelters were reunited with their families.
The return-to-owner rate for microchipped cats was dramatically higher at over 38 percent (more than 2000 percent better).
• Only 58 percent of the microchipped animals’ microchips had been registered in a database
with their pet parent’s contact information. High-tech protection can prevent heartbreak!
And with good reason—microchipping substantially increases the likelihood of a pet returning home by offering secure, reliable, unique and permanent identification.
The Importance Of Micro chipping your pets